- 5-6 pound rump roast
- 1-2 tsp dried oregano
- 1-2 tsp of dried basil
- 1-2 tsp of dried thyme
- 1-2 tsp of red pepper flakes crushed
- 1-2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, squished with the back of the knife
- red and green bell peppers- I used only green because that’s what I had on hand
- A good sprinkling of Wylers Beef Broth granules
- I had 1 frozen French Onion Soup cube from Costco that I scraped the cheese off the top and threw the nodule into the pot.
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 1/2 cup of water. You want to have a good amount of liquid because you dip the whole sandwich in the juices.
- 2 bay leaves
- Italian Rolls
- **Adjust all seasonings to your own particular taste. Then it will be “INSERT YOUR NAME HERE’S ” Infamous Italian Beef.
- Mix spices.
- Rub mixture into beef. Massage it thoroughly, like when you get a pedicure and they rub that massaging sea salt mixture into your rough skin.
- Place it all in the crock pot with the peppers and onions on top. Cook on Low til meat is done-about 6-8 hours.
- Remove roast and let stand till cool. Reserve juice.
- Slice beef thin on a meat slicer. If you don’t have a slicer, get one. You’ll use it for a lot more things than roast beef, but I don’t have one.
- Place beef in juice.
Slice your rolls and pile on that juicy beef, dunk it with a pair of tongs briefly..in and out.. of the juices then, garnish with giardiniera and eat. Don’t forget those napkins.!
MY version Italian Mix Giardiniera:
1 jar Vlasic’s Zesty Garden Mix—Remove the amount of product you think you will need and combine with some chopped green olives, some chopped, bottled, pickled jalapeno slices and a little olive oil…Lip- smacking goodness.