- 1 English cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 1 container (7 ounces) plain 2% Greek yogurt (such as Fage)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain, dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package small pitas (8 per package)
1. Heat oven to 400°. Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
2. Tzatziki: In a medium-size bowl, stir together the cucumber slices, tomato, yogurt and salt. Set aside.
3. Burgers: In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, spinach, feta cheese, oregano, bread crumbs, onion powder, salt and pepper. Stir together until blended. Shape into 4 equal-size patties. Coat patties with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Grill burgers for 12 minutes, flipping once, or until instant-read thermometer inserted into burger registers 160°. Meanwhile, bake pitas at 400° for 8 minutes. Place one burger on a pita round. Top burger with about 1/4 cup tzatziki, if desired, and a second pita. Repeat with remaining ingredients; serve extra tzatziki on the side.